Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Blog! / Crafty Weekend

I have always read a lot. Fiction wins, and I'm always looking for a next book. But lately, I've been reading a lot of blogs. It's like going to Barnes and Noble and sticking your nose into book after book of non-fiction short stories plus crafting, photography, interior design, and travel magazines...you can get lost in them! It makes me want to blog...

So, here I am.

Also, I've been slightly bored lately. This is probably to do with the fact that for the first semester in memory I am not enrolled in classes. To combat this boredom, I decided to get crafty this weekend by making a couple of wreaths!

First, I learned how to make little felt roses (googled it). You just cut little swirly circles out of felt, then wrap from the center as though you're folding a sleeping bag. Not sure if that makes any sense to you, but that's how I read the explanation.



See the little roses? Very cute. I added pearls to the center of some of them, but I left most plain.
 
Wreath #1: I took a foam circle that I got at JoAnn's and wrapped a full spool of yarn around it. (I thought that would be a quick project...but it took about 3 hours to be neat and get the coverage I wanted). Then I hot glued some of my cute roses to it and wrapped some funky leftover paisley fabric to the top as a hanger. Done!


Wreath #2: Happy birthday, Grammy! This one is just as cute (in my humble opinion) and it took a lot less time! The wreath was premade and less than $3 at JoAnns. I stuck some cute little roses to it, 3 with pearls, and braided some yarn for the hanger.


And, there you have it: my first blog!

<3 LS

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I love the roses with the pearls. They make me happy! <3

    ReplyDelete